We use tried and tested diagnostic tools (such as blower doors, duct blasters and thermal imaging equipment) to assess the effectiveness of design and construction details. There is no better building science education than seeing how your designed assemblies perform, or your construction details deliver on site. Performance testing ensures that intended outcomes are achieved, which supports contract accountability, customer satisfaction and confidence in your product.
O’Brien & Company offers comprehensive packages for projects seeking Living Building, LEED for Homes, Built Green, Net Zero,, ENERGY STAR, Home Energy Rating System and Federal Tax Credit certifications.
We are also the onlylocated in Washington State, also serving British Columbia, Alaska and Hawaii.
We provide custom Trades Training to help construction teams meet and exceed green building goals. In 4-8 sessions we explore green building fundamentals and building science basics to help the trades identify their roles and responsibilities on a green building project. Our 8-hour training meets the requirements to earn 1 point under LEED for Homes Mid-Rise ID Credit 1.4 Trades Training for Mid-Rise.
Our wide range of services can be packaged and customized to help you meet your performance goals.
- Performance goal setting
- Design charrettes
- Project analysis & action planning
- Design & construction technical assistance
- Plan, specification, contract and scope review
- Trades training and quality management tools
- Owner/Occupant training and tools
- Utility Incentives and Rebates Planning
- Integrated home performance diagnostics. Services include: envelope infiltration, envelope thermal performance (infrared thermography), duct leakage, supply and exhaust air flows, moisture management and ventilation performance.