Better Performance through Integrative Process
Integrative Process has been long recognized as essential to achieving the maximum benefit from the design process — regardless of whether sustainability is a project goal. But can we design buildings that truly achieve their performance goals without an integrative design process? Probably not.
This hands-on workshop shares how to get the most out of this process–and avoid a long series of expensive, messy meetings–by helping project managers, project architects, and sustainable project coordinators who facilitate and/or manage green design and construction projects to:
- Make a solid case for investing in integrated design on your projects
- Practically apply integrated design to attain true long term sustainability
- Understand how LEED and other rating systems can “fit” and even help in an integrated process
- Learn about and experience tools that optimize your design process and building performance
- Identify your strengths and your potential role in integrated design
- Learn about and practice key skills necessary to manage an integrated design process such as facilitation and effective meeting planning
- Apply key concepts of integrated design and practice problem solving using scenarios
Experienced sustainable building consultants and facilitators conduct the workshop using a participatory approach for adult learners. Participants will receive a customized workbook and/or other printed references as takeaways.
2-, 4- and 7- hour workshop formats available. Workshop is designed for between 10 and 40 people.
Pricing and Scheduling
Fee is on a sliding scale based on duration and size of group. Contact us for more information.